How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Health and Safety News

    Firm pays £35,000 fine for food processing machinery injury

    By David Brown on June 15, 2014

    A food processing business in Kent has been fined for breaching the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998, leading to an injury suffered by one of its workers. Veetee Foods is based in Medway, Kent and the worker was injured in March 2012 when three of his fingers were caught in food processing machinery. The subsequent investigation by the Health and Safety Executive highlighted a safety mechanism on the machinery that had been disabled. If it had been enabled as it should have been, the accident would not have happened. Fortunately the worker was not permanently injured but it could have been much worse. This was the second incident of a similar nature to occur at the site and one other worker there was killed in 2006. Fines were paid in those cases as well.

    Have you suffered an injury using food processing machinery at work?

    The Health and Safety laws and associated rules are in place to protect those in a working environment. It can be seen from the case shown here that there is the potential for accidents to occur if the correct rules and regulations are not followed. If you have incurred an injury at work you may be unsure whether you are in a position to make a claim for compensation. If there is evidence that negligence has occurred – or if you are unsure whether you have such evidence – it is best to speak with an expert in this area.

    Claiming compensation for accidents suffered at work

    Regardless of the type or nature of the injury you may have suffered in a workplace accident, you may be in a position to get compensation for your suffering. Accident Advice Helpline has already handled hundreds of claims and won compensation for people with respect to the various accidents they have suffered. Could we help you too?

    Contact us now on our free 24-hour helpline that is open seven days a week. We are here to provide advice and information regarding your situation. Our professional injury compensation lawyers may be able to support you through a no win, no fee** claim process if there is evidence of negligence on behalf of your employer. While most employers take good care of their employees, you may be entitled to claim if they breach Health and Safety rules that lead to an accident.

    Source: Kent Online

    Share On


    Date Published: June 15, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: News

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.