How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    After filing your work injury incident report

    You have probably heard of an accident book. In fact, whatever sort of workplace you work in, it should have an accident book present. This will contain details of all accidents and injuries suffered by workers during their duties. Additionally, a work injury incident report should be completed under the RIDDOR regulations in any instance where death, serious injury or industrial diseases are experienced.

    RIDDOR stands for Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013. If you have suffered any serious injury while at work, this should have been reported by your employer under the terms of the RIDDOR regulations.

    Will you also complete a work injury incident report if you want to claim compensation?

    Anyone wishing to claim compensation for an injury caused to them through a third party’s negligence (i.e. their employer or another worker, in this instance) will need to complete a form as part of the claims process. You shouldn’t worry about this; if you have a lawyer representing you, they will guide you through how to complete it and answer all your questions.

    It can feel nerve-wracking filling in an official claim form, but this is part of the logical and required process needed to ensure you have a chance to be compensated for your injuries if someone else was responsible. Remember, a no-win, no-fee* lawyer can assist you and guide you in what you should do.

    Could you claim?

    Many people wonder whether they have a right to claim, or whether they should simply keep quiet. Some are worried about the prospect of losing their jobs if they were to claim. The law states no employee should be faced with this danger if they were hurt through the negligent actions of someone at work.

    Open Claim Calculator

    For further reassurance and advice, always provided on a no-obligation basis, call Accident Advice Helpline now. You can do this on 0800 689 0500, or on 0333 500 0993 if you are on a mobile device. We are proud to have a dedicated team of advisors who are highly trained and ready to offer advice and support at a time that is no doubt difficult for you. Could one of our lawyers be ready to take your case on a no-win, no-fee* basis? Call us today and find out for certain whether you could make a work injury incident report.

    Date Published: November 16, 2016

    Author: Allison Whitehead

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.