How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Farming chemicals injury claim

    Do you need to make a farming chemicals injury claim? At Accident Advice Helpline we have wide-ranging experience in agricultural and work-related accidents and operate a free 24-hour helpline to advise people on claims of this sort. When you call us you can be confident you are talking to legal professionals who know what they are doing and also to people who understand how distressing being involved in an accident can be.

    If your accident took place within the last three years; you saw a doctor about it and if the accident was not your fault, it is likely that you will be able to make a claim for compensation. In rare cases it is possible to have the limit extended if symptoms do not develop until later life, but can clearly be traced back to a particular event. Our sympathetic team will go over the details with you and work out what your options are. Their advice will not cost you anything and does not mean that you are committed to appoint us or anyone else to handle your case.

    Types of accident resulting in a farming chemicals injury claim

    Chemical injuries on farms can be divided into two main types; sudden injuries, resulting in burns, or acute breathing difficulties and slow injuries, resulting in organ damage that shows up many years later.

    Dealing with sudden injuries is fairly straightforward under the law. It helps if you can confirm what kind of chemical caused your injuries, explain what you were using it for and list any safety information you were given. If the chemical corrodes other items, such as clothing or wooden tools, try to get photographs of the damage; a friend can do this for you if you are not feeling up to it.

    If you think you are developing the symptoms of a long-term condition, such as mesothelioma (sometimes caused by asbestos in old farm buildings), see your doctor straight away. Doing so could save your life and it will also make it much easier to make a compensation claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Self-employed farmers can still make a farming chemicals injury claim

    If you are self-employed, it does not mean you have no chance of making a farming chemicals injury claim. Sometimes leaks in chemical containers can occur due to improper handling before they reached you and it might be that vital safety information is missing from pesticides. You may also have used chemicals like organophosphates, which you believed to be safe because evidence about the risks of using them had been hushed up. In cases like these, your self-employed status does not change the fact that others have failed in their responsibility to you.

    Farm employees

    Even when you have agreed to work with dangerous chemicals, you employer is responsible for your safety. You must have been properly trained and have the right equipment and supervision. If you feel you have been let down in this regard, Accident Advice Helpline can provide a work accident solicitor who will help you to make your case. With us on your side, you will have a good chance of receiving the compensation you are entitled to.

    Date Published: May 30, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.