How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Farming chemicals injury advice

    At Accident Advice Helpline we operate a free 24-hour helpline and are always happy to give you farming chemicals injury advice if you need it. Our highly trained staff will let your know whether it is possible for you to claim compensation and depending on the details of your case, we may also be able to give you an approximate estimate of how much you might expect to receive. You are not obliged to appoint us to represent you and there are no upfront fees to pay. If you feel the need, take a little time to think about it; we will still be ready to provide further help if you decide you would like us to take your case forward.

    Different kinds of accident requiring farming chemicals injury advice

    When you are working in the agricultural sector, a farming chemicals injury is always a risk. There are two main kinds of accident you could experience and they need to be approached in different ways.

    The majority of chemical accidents on farms do immediate damage. This could include being splashed with fungicide, or accidentally inhaling fumes from a freshly opened drum of pesticide. In the event of an accident such as this you should always seek immediate medical treatment, even if you are not experiencing any symptoms. This will reduce the risk of you experiencing serious health problems and means there is a formal medical report, making it possible for you to claim compensation. You normally have three years in which to do so.

    Some chemicals found on farms can cause injuries that develop slowly, over an extended period of time. They include organophosphates, which are used in sheep dips and at harvest time and asbestos, which is still present in many older farm buildings. Organophosphates can cause neurological problems and movement disorders, whilst asbestos can cause mesothelioma and similar forms of lung disease. If symptoms of one of these diseases appear, it is vital to seek treatment without delay. If it is more than three years since you worked with these chemicals, the usual time limit may be extended to allow you to claim, but you will need to take action promptly.

    How to claim and get farming chemicals injury advice

    In order to claim compensation, you will need a solicitor; preferably one who has experience of dealing with these types of accidents. Finding one locally and at an affordable price, can be quite a challenge, but at Accident Advice Helpline we employ a team that extends right across the country, so we should be able to provide a suitably experienced legal professional within just few days. We use a no win no fee* system, so you do not need to worry about having to pay any upfront fees.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Your solicitor will ask you to sign a few documents and if necessary, help in collecting evidence. He or she will take care of all the legal procedures and you will be able to handle all or most of your communications over the phone. Let us take care of your compensation case whilst you take care of yourself.

    Date Published: May 30, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.