How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Farming accident counselling

    Recovering from accidents is about more than just dealing with physical injuries, and getting specialist farming accident counselling can sometimes be a big help. Because this isn’t always available on the NHS, courts are often willing to award funding for private counselling as part of a compensation deal. If you’d like to know if this could happen for you, give us a call at Accident Advice Helpline and we’ll help you work it out.

    Could you get funds for farming accident counselling?

    There are a few basic conditions that will need to apply before you can make a claim like this:

    • Unless you have a long-term condition that has only just been diagnosed, you can only take action if less than three years has passed since the date of your accident.
    • The accident can’t have been purely your own fault.
    • If you were injured, you must have seen a doctor whilst your injuries were fresh.
    • Your doctor must agree that specialist farming accident counselling would be helpful to you now.

    If you’re not sure about any of the above, or if you think yours might be a borderline case, give us a call. Our highly trained advisors are always ready to help. Rest assured, they’re used to the way accidents can affect people, so you can rely on them to be sensitive. They’ll only ask you what’s necessary to get a clear understanding of your case.

    How can counselling help?

    Specialist farming accident counselling means you’ll be directed to a therapist who has a good understanding of the problems that people who have had accidents like yours experience. This can include physical problems so that, for instance, if you have difficulty speaking because you inhaled noxious chemicals, your counsellor will find a way of working around it in therapy. People who have counselling like this generally report much better results. It can help you tackle problems like panic attacks, mood swings, general feelings of depression or difficulty sleeping. Sometimes it can make all the difference when it comes to you feeling well enough to return to work. If working won’t be possible for you in the future because of your injuries, it can help you adjust.

    How to make a claim

    If you decide you want to claim funding for farming accident counselling, and our Accident Advice Helpline team agree that it’s possible, we can offer to help you on a no win no fee** basis. This means that you don’t need to have a lot of money set aside in order to start your claim. You can get things moving right away, and because we are literally banking on you winning, you can be confident that we’ll give you the best support available. This will include a specialist solicitor with experience of similar cases who will compile the evidence and push for the best possible settlement of your case.

    Open Claim Calculator

    We can’t promise your case will be successful, but we will make things as easy as possible for you, and we have a good record of getting people the help they need. Just fill out our 30-second test or call us on 0800 689 0500 (landline) or 0333 500 0933 (mobile).

    Date Published: October 2, 2015

    Author: Lee Tadd

    Category: Farming accident claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.