How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    How to set out a claim for injury to feelings?

    Most of us associate personal injury claims with physical injuries such as broken bones, cracked ribs and so on. But did you know that it’s actually possible to make a claim for psychological and emotional injury and trauma? If you have witnessed a traumatic event or been left traumatised after being injured in an accident, you may suffer emotional and psychological effects afterwards, and often this can be just as debilitating as suffering serious physical injuries.

    How to set out a claim for injury to feelings?

    Hiring a professional personal injury lawyer means you will get the best possible advice and support when making a claim. They will also have experience handling this type of claim, which can sometimes be more complex than a claim for physical injuries.

    What do we mean when we say an injury to feelings?

    Claims for injuries to feelings can include claims for things like psychological distress or trauma as well as things like stress. For example, if you witnessed a horrific car crash or accident in a public place, you could be left suffering from anxiety or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) where you have flashbacks. If you’re injured in a car accident caused by somebody else, you might find yourself unable to drive without having panic attacks, which could impact your ability to go to work and live your life to the full. An injury to feelings could also include things like suffering from stress at work. If your employer doesn’t hire enough qualified people to carry out work, this could result in you being overloaded and suffering from stress, anxiety and even depression, all of which can seriously affect your quality of life and can even lead to physical illness.

    How are claims for injuries to feelings handled?

    There isn’t much difference between the way claims are handled for physical or emotional injuries, but hiring a personal injury lawyer is still your best bet. When it comes to how to set out a claim for injury to feelings, an experienced specialist will have handled claims like this before and they’ll be aware of the limitations and of how to best present your claim to ensure it has a good chance of success. If you have also suffered physical injuries as well as psychological and emotional trauma, this can form part of your claim too.

    Contact us to find out more

    If you need to find out more about making a claim or have questions about what happens next, you can get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline at any point after your accident. We have 16 years’ experience handling personal injury claims and we know that if you’ve been injured, you’ll need some help and advice. That’s why all advice we offer is given on a confidential, no-obligation basis. You can get in touch with us by calling our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile (charges apply) – and remember that there is usually a three-year time limit in place to make a claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Category: Psychological injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.