Negligence happens all around us, on a daily basis. Most of us go to work, drive on the roads and go about our daily lives without so much as a thought for our own personal safety, but the fact is that accidents can and do happen, and they can happen anywhere, at any time. If you have been the victim of somebody else’s carelessness and negligence, you’re probably feeling frustrated and powerless. But you can take some of that power back and start to move forwards after your accident by making a personal injury claim, provided it has been three years or less since your accident.
How to make a claim for personal injury?
Being informed is half the battle, and the best way to make a claim for personal injury is to hire a specialist personal injury lawyer. They’ll be able to let you know if you’re eligible to claim and provide you with the advice and support you need.
Things to look out for when choosing a personal injury lawyer
Not all personal injury lawyers are made equal, so when it comes to how to make a claim for personal injury, there are some things you should look out for. Accident Advice Helpline has been in the industry since 2000 and we’ve drawn up a list of some of the most important things to consider when making a claim for personal injury:
- Legal fees – how much does the lawyer charge upfront and will you get any of this back if your claim is unsuccessful? Ideally, you should look for a law firm offering a 100% no-win, no-fee* service (like us).
- Experience – how much experience does the law firm have? Do they specialise in personal injury law?
- Testimonials – don’t be afraid to ask for previous customer testimonials – if the firm is reputable, there will be plenty of positive ones they are only too happy to share with you.
- Process – always ask what the claims process is. Accident Advice Helpline processes most claims in full over the phone, which means you don’t need to waste time and money attending legal appointments, and going to court is unlikely.
- Communication – your lawyer should be easy to reach during business hours and should return calls and/or emails promptly as much as possible. Beware of ignored calls and emails or lawyers who don’t keep you updated with regular progress reports.
These are just a few things to think about – one of the most important things is the legal fees charged, as a 100% no-win, no-fee* service means you won’t need to pay any upfront fees at all, making claiming more affordable.
Contact us to see if you’re eligible
If you find yourself wondering whether or not you could make a claim after your accident, we recommend getting in touch with us as soon as possible. Did you know it’s free to call us from a landline on 0800 689 0500? Or you can call from your mobile on 0333 500 0993 (charges apply depending on your provider). We’ll be able to tell you if you have a viable claim and give you some no-obligation advice.
Category: Personal injury claims