Start your claim

Starting your claim with us is both quick and simple using our online claim form
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?


Do you have face injury swelling after an accident?

Injuries to the face have the potential to be serious. It may be that you have suffered serious lacerations after a car accident, or maybe you fell and injured your face in an accident at work. Face injury swelling can be an indicator of a more serious problem, such as a fracture or even a brain injury, or it can be a normal part of the body’s reaction to a minor injury. It’s vital that you seek medical attention if you have suffered a facial injury, to have your injuries and swelling assessed by a medical professional. If you later decide to claim personal injury compensation, Accident Advice Helpline will need to see a copy of your medical report.

Is face injury swelling serious?

Face injury swelling may or may not be a sign of a serious injury, which is why it is so important to have your injuries checked out by your GP or at hospital. You may have ruptured blood vessels in your face, which can lead to swelling and bruising. You may have broken your nose after a slip and fall, which can cause puffiness and swelling around the cheeks, eyes and nose. Or you may not be aware you have suffered a serious head or facial injury but be suffering from unexplained swelling, for example after banging your head on the window of the car in a collision.

It’s always best to have any unexplained swelling examined by a doctor, as you may need treatment to prevent things from getting worse. Most swelling caused by a fracture or other injury will subside within a few days and weeks, but you can use ice packs at home to reduce swelling and ease pain.

Claiming compensation after your accident

If your accident was somebody else’s fault then you could be in line to receive personal injury compensation. It may be that you sustained a minor facial injury such as a laceration or concussion. But if swelling occurred and you needed to seek medical attention, you could make a no win no fee claim with Accident Advice Helpline. You can call our freephone helpline at any time on 0800 689 5659 and speak to our expert advisors for confidential, no-obligation advice.

Whether you have suffered a minor or more serious facial or head injury that has led to swelling, you could be eligible to receive compensation not only for your injuries but also for any financial losses you have sustained, such as loss of earnings.