Have you got any examples of whiplash compensation?
Examples of whiplash compensation vary greatly depending on the severity of your injury and the length of time involved before your pain and suffering stops, but based on what has been awarded in courts in cases of neck pain you could expect:
- Minor whiplash that takes up to a year for recovery: £750 to £2,850;
- Minor whiplash that takes up to two years for recovery: £2,850 to £5,000;
- Moderate whiplash which you may have for a longer period with the possibility of future vulnerability: £5,000 to £8,500; and
- Severe whiplash where there are permanent ongoing symptoms of pain and suffering: £8,500 upwards.
Other effects that can affect the examples of whiplash compensation
The main part of the body that is affected by the sudden jolting which causes whiplash is the neck, but other areas can be affected as well:
- The head;
- Shoulders and chest area;
- Back or spine;
- Arms and legs;
- Hand and feet; and
- Internal organs.
Injuries in these other parts of the body, additional to the neck, could increase the amount of compensation that you are awarded.
Additional items to claim for, which can affect the examples of whiplash compensation
There may be additional items to claim for in your compensation claim:
- Loss of earnings;
- Travel costs;
- Private medical treatment;
- If the whiplash was in a car accident, repairs to your vehicle and any items in your vehicle; and
- Any other extra costs you may incur.
So, although we have given examples of whiplash compensation, it is impossible to be exact. Every accident is different and the consequences of accidents differ from person to person. The only thing you can be certain of is that at Accident Advice Helpline you will get a professional, friendly service second to none. All facets of your claim will be included and dealt with to get the best possible amount of compensation awarded to you, with as little trouble to yourself as possible.
This is not just us saying this — we have a reputation for giving complete customer service satisfaction, and 0800 689 5659, which is open all day, all week. You will find that our advisors are friendly and experienced in dealing with every type of personal injury compensation claim On our website there is an online claim form, or you could try our 30-second test™ which will give you some guidance about your claim.
We operate a no win no fee agreement, so you have nothing to lose by contacting us. The initial contact, either by telephone or online, is free, and no money becomes due to us until we have won your compensation claim.