As a worker in a factory, you are more vulnerable to accidents at work and suffering job-related injuries than in many other industries.
Given the scale of some of the projects undertaken and the complexity of much of the machinery used, it’s of little surprise that accidents in factories can have expensive and serious consequences with regards to factory site claims.
The Health and Safety Executive reports that, of all injuries at work recorded over the course of a year, factory accidents account for 16%. This despite only containing 10% of Britain’s workforce.
Compensation for factory site claims
It’s clear then, that work accidents in factories are a very real threat and it’s therefore important you know exactly what to do in the aftermath.
Here’s a brief guide to getting the work accident compensation you deserve.
- Step One: Assessing fault
A key part of the work injury claims process is establishing who was at fault. If your accident was due to the negligence of others, then you have a strong chance of success. Examples would include:
– Insufficient protection from dangerous chemicals, hazardous substances etc
– Malfunctioning machinery
– Lack of training given to staff, e.g. Manual handling
- Step Two: Get advice from the experts
Serious accidents at work can have a hugely damaging impact on confidence, let alone the physical injuries. Always remember that help is at hand.
Accident Advice Helpline is the right place to go and ask for help because:
– As a law firm with over 10 years experience, they know what it takes for your work accident claim to be successful.
– Their free phone advice service is available 24/7 with friendly, expert assistance waiting at the other end.
– There is a claims calculator available on the website to help quickly establish whether you have a claim to make.
- Step Three: Decide whether or not to go ahead
Following your introductory consultation with Accident Advice Helpline, there is no obligation for you to press ahead with your claim. However, if you do decide to seek work injury compensation, Accident Advice Helpline can assist by:
– Taking your case on a no-win, no-fee, basis
– Keeping the pressures and stresses of a court appearance a non-factor as they are able to process the vast majority of work accident claims over the phone.
Supported and recommended by the renowned consumer champion, Esther Rantzen, Accident Advice Helpline will be there to advise and support you every step of the way to the compensation you deserve.
Date Published: November 1, 2013
Author: David Brown