How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • **Required

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    An employer’s health and safety obligations

    Employers have a duty of care to all of their employees, meaning that they must take into account every risk and possible hazard associated with working in your place of employment. No matter where you work; whether it is at an office or on a building site, employers must take your health and safety into account at all times. Employers are legally required to do this but what must they do to achieve this and when is it appropriate to make personal injury claims?

    The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974

    The basis of health and safety in the UK is covered by the Health and Safety at Work Act. Effectively, employers are responsible for keeping you safe from harm by identifying hazards, reducing risks and training you to recognise those risks. Methods of reducing risk include issuing you with personal protective equipment, maintaining equipment used in the workplace and training you to carry out your duties. You may be injured at work if you have not received proper training or if risks are not reduced by your employer. If you think your employer is not adhering to the Health and Safety at Work Act and you have incurred an injury as a result, use the 30-second compensation calculator on our website to determine how much compensation you could receive.


    Some industries have very specific risks which can cause serious accidents if not controlled properly. These industries often have a separate set of laws which employers must abide by called regulations. Examples of these include the Food Hygiene Regulations and the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations. Your employer is responsible for making you aware of these health and safety regulations and training you to work safely in your environment. If there is negligence, such as a chemical spill due to lack of training, your employer may be eligible to pay you personal injury compensation.

    Employers are responsible to adhere to these laws at all times meaning that they are obligated to take care of your health and safety. This means that, should you have an accident at work which is the fault of the employers’ negligence, then you can give Accident Advice Helpline a call and discuss making a claim. Should you want to check how much personal injury compensation you may get, you can use the 30-second compensation calculator on our website before calling.

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 50/52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.