How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What is the Driving Standards Agency (DSA)?

    Most people will be familiar with the DSA, or the Driving Standards Agency. As of April 2014 it actually doesn’t exist anymore. It was merged with the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) to create a new agency that deals with all these aspects. The new agency is called the DVSA, or Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency. All the tasks previously performed by the DSA will now be performed by this new agency.

    These tasks include making bookings for the theory part of the driving test and indeed the practical driving test. As such if you want to know anything about learning to drive in the first place, this is the place to go to. You can also find out more about medical conditions that could preclude you from driving.

    Accidents caused by inexperienced drivers and claiming compensation for them

    Needless to say some people who are involved in car accidents (regardless of whether they are in a car or a pedestrian, or even riding a motorbike or bicycle) were not the cause of the accidents themselves. In this situation you may receive injuries that can be life-changing, or at least require you to go through treatment and time off work. All these aspects can have a profound effect on your life.

    As such you have a right to claim compensation if the accident was someone else’s fault and there is evidence to suggest this was the case. The first step in this situation is always to seek proper legal advice from someone with experience in handling such cases. Seeking a professional opinion can be done free of charge if you know where to go.

    Call the experts at Accident Advice Helpline now

    If you have recently suffered the consequences of a road accident caused by someone else, or you have been in this situation within the last three years, it might be worth getting in touch with our professional injury compensation lawyers. Call our free 24/7 enquiry line now and you could have an idea of how much compensation you could claim in the next few minutes.

    Open Claim Calculator

    With no-obligation advice on offer around the clock, AAH is in the best position to advise you on your personal situation. Once we have the facts we can advise you whether you are able to bring a no win, no fee** claim against those involved.

    Date Published: July 12, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Road Traffic Accident Claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.