How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What is the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA)?

    What is the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA)?

    The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (otherwise known as DVSA) has replaced two former agencies within the Department of Transport. These former agencies were known as the DSA (Driving Standards Agency) and VOSA (Vehicle and Operator Services). All the duties undertaken by each agency will now be handled by the new agency.

    These duties include taking bookings for both the theory and the practical parts of the driving test. They also include registration for ADIs (approved driving instructors) and other types of checks and services related to drivers and vehicles of various kinds. The chances are you will have a reason to come into contact with the agency at one time or another.

    Could you claim compensation if someone else has caused an accident?

    Every day on the roads there are people who are involved in accidents. A large number of these accidents are suffered by people who did nothing wrong, but simply found themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time. For example you may drive onto a roundabout and have right of way in doing so, but someone may shoot out of a turning in front of you and crash into your car. Even though the accident is their fault it will still have consequences for you.

    This is why it is worth taking proper legal advice about whether you can make a claim for compensation in circumstances such as this. Asking a professional injury compensation lawyer whether you have the right to make this type of claim is the first and most important step to consider taking. The law states there is a three-year period during which you can consider bringing a claim against the person responsible for causing an accident that you were injured in.

    Speak to the professional injury compensation lawyers at AAH now

    Accident Advice Helpline is here to provide help and advice to everyone who has been involved in an accident. If you know the accident was the fault of another person in some way (or you suspect this was the case) you should call our free 24/7 enquiry line to find out more now on 0800 689 0500.

    Open Claim Calculator

    We have a 30-second online test you can take too if you prefer. Once you have completed it, you will know whether you are in a situation that could result in compensation being paid out. If so, call us to take the next crucial step.

    Date Published: July 12, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.