When you want to use the services of a solicitor it can be overwhelming. There are a lot of firms that offer representation. It is worth knowing what to be aware of and how to narrow down the choices available to you. With a few basic do’s and don’ts of choosing a solicitor, you can find the ideal legal representative to suit your needs.
- Compare your options- There are a lot of different firms that operate in various local areas. They can have a range of experiences. Some will specialise in certain types of law such as personal injury. Ideally you ought to find one that is suited to your particular case.
- Research your options- Find out about the company. Look online for reviews and feedback. If you go to numerous review websites it will be easier to compare them and to get a more balanced range of viewpoints
- Talk to family and friends- If your family and friends have been involved in legal problems they may be able to suggest an appropriate representative to suit your particular circumstances.
- Ask questions- Whether you contact a solicitor on the phone or in person ask them about how they will represent you and what they charge. Be clear about what they offer and whether their services suit you.
- Find out about no win no fee. Some solicitors offer a no win no fee service. This means that if they don’t win, then you will not have to pay for their services. Some may not advertise this but may be willing to offer it. There is no harm in asking!
- Go for convenience – Just because a solicitor is nearby does not necessarily mean they are reliable or suitable. Do not be afraid to look a little bit further to find a better option.
- Go based purely on price – A cheaper option is not necessarily the best option.
- Go with them if you feel uncomfortable – A solicitor ought to be willing to make you feel comfortable and be willing to listen to your concerns.
- Take a quote at face level – Ask what fees are involved in the quote. Some may sound cheap initially but then will turn out to have numerous hidden fees involved that you may not expect.
Why you should contact Accident Advice Helpline for a solicitor
Accident Advice Helpline has been helping people with compensation claims for over 13 years. We can guide you through the process, explaining what you need to be aware of and the likelihood of getting compensation. We have received a number of positive reviews from satisfied clients online, and for over a decade we have been endorsed by consumer rights champion Esther Rantzen.
For more information contact us now. The helpline is available 24 hours a day so there is always someone to talk to who can guide you through a claim and give you the information you need. Do not delay contact us today!
Date Published: November 13, 2013
Author: David Brown