If you have suffered an accident while driving a digger, Accident Advice Helpline can assist you in making a successful digger driver accident claim. Since being established over a decade ago, we have won numerous cases for our clients, helping them get the compensation they deserve for their injuries. You can trust us with your accident claim and we will do our best to ensure that we win it for you.
Being a digger driver can be an exciting experience since you control such a huge and powerful vehicle. Accidents, however, are an unavoidable part of our lives and things can go wrong at any time. As a digger driver on a construction site, you not only have to look out for your own safety, but also that of your fellow construction workers.
There are many reasons why digger accidents can happen and a few of these are mentioned below:
- As the digger driver, you may have received inadequate training on how to use and operate the machine. This lack of knowledge can result in serious accidents.
- The digger itself is faulty, defective or poorly maintained, causing the driver or a colleague to sustain injuries.
- Other construction workers or employees working around the machine had inadequate training on safety on a construction site, leading to an accident.
- Lack of safety measures on the construction site, especially with regards to use of machinery.
On a construction site, your employer or supervisor should ensure that you work under safe and healthy conditions. If you feel that your digger driver accident was caused by a third party’s negligence, then you may have valid reasons to make a digger driver accident claim.
Criteria for a legitimate claim
Accident Advice Helpline can only help you with your claim if you satisfy these criteria:
- The accident was caused by someone else and did not happen as a result of your own carelessness.
- You sustained injuries and received appropriate medical treatment.
- You began claim proceedings within three years of the accident’s occurrence.
How long will the claim process take?
Once you have authorised Accident Advice Helpline to handle your claim, we will match you up with one of our in-house solicitors. All our solicitors have a wealth of experience gained from dealing with different personal injury compensation claims and we will match you with one who is qualified to take on your case.
Your specialist solicitor will do their best to bring about a speedy conclusion to your case. This is not an overnight process, however, as there are numerous procedures to follow. Your solicitor will first have to go through the details you provide on the digger driver accident, and then they will collate all the evidence needed to build a strong case for you.
Furthermore, in addition to handling all the legal paperwork, they will negotiate with the guilty party on your behalf. All these steps can take a few weeks or months to complete.
If you wish to receive further information on making a digger driver accident claim, pick up your phone and call Accident Advice Helpline for free on 0800 689 0500.
Date Published: July 21, 2014
Author: David Brown