Difficulties making travel accident claims

Just as when you are involved in a road traffic accident or an accident at work, you have the right to compensation if you are injured or become ill as a result of an accident overseas. If you have had an accident abroad, you may be eligible for travel accident compensation.

How do I know if I have a travel accident claim?

There are many different types of accidents and injuries that come under the umbrella of travel accident claims; examples include:

  • Infectious illnesses and food poisoning
  • Slips, trips and falls
  • Road traffic accidents, boat and bus accidents and aeroplane accidents
  • Watersports injuries

There are restrictions and qualifying criteria in place for travel accident compensation, and a solicitor will be able to tell you if you have a valid case for a claim. Accident Advice Helpline uses a very quick and simple 30 second test to show clients whether it is worth their pursuing a case; if you answer yes to these questions, you should contact the legal experts:

  • Have you had a travel accident within the last three years?
  • Was the accident somebody else’s fault?
  • Are you able to provide evidence to support your claim?

What difficulties can be encountered by people making a holiday accident claim?

Claiming for accidents abroad is more difficult than making a claim in the UK, as there may be different laws in the country you visited, the legal processes may be more long-winded and there may be differences in the qualifying criteria. In some cases, you may only be able to make a claim if you experienced an injury or illness within the hotel grounds, for example, and for sports injuries you may only be able to claim if the activity was arranged by your tour operator.

In any case, if you have had an accident overseas, it is advisable to contact Accident Advice helpline to see if you could make a travel accident claim. You will be able to discuss your case with an experienced lawyer and if you do decide to proceed with the case, the claims process is very simple and hassle-free. The firm was established over a decade ago and has helped hundreds of people to make successful road traffic accident claims, work accident claims and slip, trip and fall compensation claims.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.
Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )