How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What is a designated driver?

    Owning a car is one of the best ways to experience independence – it gives you real freedom and more opportunities to be sociable. However, having a car can be a bit of a pain when it comes to nights out, not only at Christmas but at any time of year. Just a pint of beer could take you over the drink drive limit, meaning you’re unable to drive home and forced to take public transport or shell out for an expensive cab.

    Designated drivers

    If you’re going out to a works Christmas party or a night out with friends, it’s a good idea to nominate a designated driver. This is a person who won’t drink alcohol and will take responsibility for driving everyone home at the end of the night. Most people have someone in their group of friends who doesn’t enjoy drinking or is teetotal, and if not, it’s easy to take turns at being the designated driver, so that it’s fair. By selecting a designated driver, you reduce the risk of anyone being tempted to drive home – you know exactly how you’re getting home at the end of the night and you don’t need to worry about keeping cash aside for a taxi.

    The drink drive limit

    It’s a sad fact of life that drink driving accounts for a high percentage of road accidents, and you could be over the limit after just one drink, depending on what you’re drinking. Many people also don’t consider that after a heavy night out drinking, they could still be over the limit the next morning. Driving whilst under the influence of alcohol could lead to a driving ban and hefty fine, and even imprisonment if you repeat the offence. So by nominating a designated driver, you’ll ensure you’re not putting your own or anyone else’s safety at risk.

    Claiming for compensation

    If you’re injured in an accident and the other driver had been drinking, you could claim for compensation. If this happens, you’ll need to call the police, and make sure you take the details of any witnesses.

    Your next step should be to call Accident Advice Helpline – we can help you to gather evidence such as medical expenses and prescription costs, even the cost of any ongoing treatment or care you may need – and we’ll tell you within 30 seconds whether you have a viable claim. We’re accredited by Lexcel, the Law Society’s practice management standard, so you know you can trust us to provide you with the very best service. Call us today on 0800 689 0500 and see what we can do for you.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: December 22, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.