How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • **Required

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What is the definition of industrial accidents?

    Anybody injured in an accident whilst working for an industrial company may be wondering if their injuries fall under the definition of industrial accidents. These types of accidents are defined as, “An accident that happens to the employee of an industrial company during the course of their work.” It doesn’t always have to be an accident as such either – you could be entitled to claim compensation if you have suffered from an occupational disease, such as industrial deafness or asbestosis.

    The best way to find out if you could make a personal injury claim after your accident is to get in touch with a specialist personal injury lawyer. Accident Advice Helpline could help you to make a claim on a 100% no-win, no-fee* basis.

    Does the definition of industrial accidents include diseases?

    If you have been exposed to asbestos at work and suffered asbestosis or mesothelioma, this could be classed under the definition of industrial accidents. Occupational hearing loss, after being exposed to loud noises at work, could also fall under the definition, despite it occurring over time. Any injury or illness which has affected you as a result of your work could be classed as an industrial accident – for example a skin condition resulting from exposure to harmful chemicals.

    If your employer has put you at risk and failed to keep you safe whilst you’re at work, claiming compensation for your injuries is an option that is open to you. You could make a claim even for minor injuries such as a chemical burn to your hand or a sprained ankle caused by damaged flooring in a factory. Working for an industrial company doesn’t have to be dangerous, and it is up to your employer to ensure you stay safe at work.

    Claiming compensation for industrial accidents

    Even if you’re not sure whether or not you’re eligible to make a personal injury claim, you can get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline. Our team of personal injury advisors has over 15 years’ experience and we offer advice on a confidential, no-obligation basis. This means you can call us on 0800 689 0500 (or call 0333 500 0993 from a mobile) without worrying about being pushed into making a claim.

    However you have been injured, we can answer your questions about the claims process and give you the advice you need to help you make a decision as to what happens next. If your claim is successful, your employer could be ordered to pay you compensation for your pain, suffering and loss of earnings.

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 50/52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.