How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Health and Safety News

    Cyclist claims compensation for hit-and-run road accident

    By David Brown on July 12, 2014

    After being struck by a hit-and-run driver, Graham Andrews, a cyclist from Rustington, has been awarded a six-figure sum in accident compensation.

    Mr Andrews, who is now wheelchair-bound following the accident in 2008, intends to use the compensation payout to purchase specialist equipment which will aid his rehabilitation. A father of three, Mr Andrews was left disabled after the accident and had to give up his engineering job. He applied to the Motor Insurer’s Bureau for compensation but his claim was rejected. In 2009, he took his case to solicitors, who appealed and secured his payout.

    Mr Andrews commented, “I have spent years trying to come to terms with my injuries and also getting my head around the fact I may never walk again. Before the accident I did a lot of cycling. I used to cycle everywhere. This is one of the simple things that I really miss. Now I have received a settlement I am hoping to get a hand cycle for exercising, which I am really looking forward to.”

    Anyone who has been the victim of dangerous driving or involved in a road traffic accident that was someone else’s fault can make a claim for compensation – this will normally be against the other driver’s insurance firm, if they are insured, or to the Motor Insurer’s Bureau for uninsured or unidentified drivers.

    Making a claim for accident compensation

    If you have been involved in a car crash or road traffic accident that was someone else’s fault, you’ll know the injuries sustained can range from minor to severe. Here are some of the types of injuries which could be sustained following a road traffic accident:

    • Whiplash
    • Concussion
    • Head injuries
    • Broken bones
    • Cuts and bruises
    • Injuries to muscles and tendons

    Whether you have been seriously injured or suffered minor injuries such as whiplash, if you believe the accident was someone else’s fault, you could claim compensation. Contact a personal injury lawyer, who can help to determine who was at fault.

    Choosing the right personal injury lawyer

    When it comes to choosing a personal injury lawyer, make sure you choose a firm with experience handling personal injury claims. Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we have over many years of experience in the industry and we have dealt with hundreds of claims for road traffic accident compensation. Call our freephone helpline today for confidential, no-obligation advice and to see how much you could be eligible to claim. We’ll work with you to make the claims process as simple and stress-free as possible.

    Source: Daily Echo

    Share On


    Date Published: July 12, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.