How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • **Required

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    What is the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority?

    The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) is designed to help victims of violent crime receive compensation for their suffering. Provided the claimants are blameless and completely innocent victims of a crime, they can contact CICA provided that their injury was sustained:

    • For no reason other than a violent crime was committed against them
    • If they were involved in helping an officer or were involved in apprehending an offender
    • If they were involved in preventing a crime
    • If they were a witness in a crime or an innocent bystander

    CICA aims to acknowledge victims of violent crime by awarding them with some compensation according to the seriousness of the injury. The amount of compensation awarded depends on the nature of the injury and is based on a tariff of injuries. All cases are different therefore other factors are taken into account such as whether someone has tragically died due to an injury or whether there is a loss of earnings related to the injury. A claimant must provide CICA with the police incident report number and any details of treatment from a medical professional if applicable. Anyone from England, Scotland or Wales may apply and the amount won may cover mental or physical injury, loss of earnings or any special expenses incurred which have caused difficulty due to time absent from work.

    How to make your claim

    CICA compensation can be applied for online and applicants will be assessed based on the tariff of injuries and the circumstances surrounding their injury. Making a claim to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority is often considered a last resort as funding is limited, but you can choose to make a claim outwith this scheme if there is opportunity to do so. If you choose to make any kind of criminal injury compensation claim, a solicitor with Accident Advice Helpline can represent you during your case.

    Contacting us to represent you

    Just give us a call on our free 24-hour phone line – 0800 689 0500 – to discuss your criminal injury case and to obtain some no-obligation advice upfront. One of our solicitors will be able to give you advice on what information you will need to pursue your case and we will be there with you step by step. We operate on a no win, no fee* basis so we do not expect any payment unless you win a compensation payout for your injury. Financially, compensation can help you cope with any loss of earnings or any extra payments you may have due to your injury.

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 50/52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.