Employers have a duty of care towards their employees, and must take steps to ensure that they are safe whilst carrying out their duties at work, as well as meeting Health and Safety regulations. If you feel your employer has been negligent of their duties, and you have suffered an accident or injury as a result, you could claim for compensation.
Your employer has a responsibility to do the following:
- Ensure the workplace is clean, tidy and well-maintained – this includes keeping flooring in good condition and toilet/break facilities fit for use by employees
- Meet current safety standards, including providing first aid equipment and somebody to be in charge of it, ideally a qualified first-aider
- Ensure machinery is working and well-maintained
- Provide adequate lighting and heating for employees
- Train staff properly in procedures at work
- Provide specialist training for those working with dangerous machinery or hazardous substances
- Provide personal protective equipment (PPE) free of charge for staff, if required
- Ensure that vehicles for use by staff are in good repair, to avoid accidents
Examples of employer negligence
An employer could be considered to be negligent if he has failed to do any of the above, and as a result an incident, accident or injury has occurred.
Proving employer negligence and claiming compensation
If you’ve suffered as a result of employer negligence, you need the services of a professional personal injury compensation lawyer, so call Accident Advice Helpline and see how we can help you.
Our freephone advice line is open 24/7 on 0800 689 0500, and we have over 13 years’ experience helping people just like you to claim for personal injury compensation. Our friendly team of experts offer confidential, no-obligation advice and a 100% no win, no fee service, should you decide to proceed with your claim. Esther Rantzen, UK consumer champion and media personality is our sponsor, and we’re accredited by Lexcel, the Law Society’s practice management standard, which means you can rely on us to provide you with the very best service.
Why not give us a call today and get the ball rolling on your claim?
Date Published: December 15, 2013
Author: David Brown