How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Considering making a wet floor abroad accident claim?

    Considering making a wet floor abroad accident claim?

    Are you considering making a wet floor abroad accident claim? If so, here at Accident Advice Helpline we have many years of experience in obtaining compensation for our clients and are here to help you win the level of compensation you deserve.

    Accidental spillages often result in wet floors, which in turn cause numerous accidents. Taking a tumble due to a wet floor can lead to minor or severe injuries. If you have been the unfortunate victim of a wet floor accident while abroad, you may be eligible to claim compensation for the injuries you have sustained.

    Common places where wet floor accidents occur include banks, hotels, schools and workplaces — anywhere there is foot traffic. You can claim compensation from the owners of these premises, whether you are travelling overseas on business or for pleasure. The owners all premises are required to provide a safe and hazard-free environment for their employees and visitors; accidents are liable to occur if these responsibilities are ignored.

    The last thing you need as the victim of an accident in a foreign country is to worry about compensation claims. That is why we suggest you contact an experienced law firm such as Accident Advice Helpline. We will help you throughout the claim process, leaving you free to get your life back in order.

    What will my claim include?

    Your claim will include a demand for compensation for both specific and general damages. General damages include the physical and psychological trauma caused by the accident sustained. Specific damages, on the other hand, include reimbursement for costs incurred as a direct result of the accident and the subsequent treatment of your injuries. This typically includes treatment and prescription costs, as well as the cost of specialised care, transport to and from the hospital, repatriation to the UK and loss of income.

    Open Claim Calculator

    What action should I take after suffering a wet floor accident abroad?

    As the accident victim, it is your responsibility to gather as much evidence for your claim as possible. This includes taking photos of both the immediate and surrounding area. You should also obtain the contact details of any witnesses to the accident. Ensure that you report the incident to the member of staff in charge of wherever you are and try to keep a copy of the written complaint if possible.

    Be sure to seek medical assistance as soon as you are able to and retain a copy of the medical report, together with the receipts for any expenses.

    How can Accident Advice Helpline assist me?

    We understand that the process of filing a wet floor abroad accident claim may be tedious, frustrating and complicated. It involves dealing with foreign laws, solicitors and bureaucratic procedures, when all you really want is to rest and recuperate.

    We can simplify the entire process for you, because our highly skilled team of solicitors have the requisite expertise, contacts and knowledge to enable you to file a successful compensation claim abroad. Simply get in touch with us using our online claim form or call us for free on 0800 689 0500 to speak to one of our friendly advisors.

    Date Published: October 8, 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Accident abroad

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.