How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for Valentine’s Day food poisoning

    Food poisoning is no laughing matter. It can cause symptoms including vomiting, diarrhoea, nausea, stomach cramps and fever. Unfortunately food poisoning has the potential to occur in any environment where food is prepared, particularly if poor food hygiene standards are in place. The good news is that if you’ve been affected by Valentine’s Day food poisoning, you may be able to make a claim for personal injury compensation.

    Whether you have been affected by food poisoning after eating in a pub, restaurant, café or after ordering takeaway, you could make a claim for compensation. Food poisoning symptoms usually resolve themselves in a few days – however, in some cases, symptoms can last for weeks, months or even years, which could affect your ability to return to work, leading to loss of earnings.

    If you have been affected by food poisoning, it is well worth finding out if you could make a claim for personal injury compensation. You need to contact a personal injury lawyer within three years of your food poisoning occurring, to find out if you are eligible to claim.

    What caused your food poisoning?

    There are a number of factors which could cause food poisoning – poor hygiene standards are unfortunately one of the most common causes. Here are a few examples of situations that could cause food poisoning:

    • Lack of hand washing
    • Pest infestation
    • Cross-contamination from cooked and raw food
    • Dirty kitchen, work surfaces or utensils
    • Using food past its sell-by date
    • Failing to cook or store food properly

    If you have been affected by Valentine’s Day food poisoning, you may wish to report this to your local council’s environmental health department. You may also wish to make a claim for personal injury compensation after your romantic meal was ruined.

    Open Claim Calculator

    We’re here for you

    Here at Accident Advice Helpline, our aim is to make the claims process as simple and stress free as possible. That means offering our customers confidential, no-obligation advice and a 100% no win, no fee** service, so you have nothing to lose by getting in touch. Call us today on 0800 689 0500 to find out if you could make a claim for Valentine’s Day food poisoning compensation. We don’t believe you should have to suffer if your Valentine’s Day celebrations have been ruined, so call us today to see how we can help you. We’re open 24/7 and waiting to hear from you.

    Date Published: February 19, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Food poisoning claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.