How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for being unable to work

    Employers have a responsibility to ensure that their employees are in a safe working environment that is regularly monitored for hazards. Health and safety legislation specifies the responsibilities of an employer and states that risk assessments must be a regular occurrence in every workplace. Even in environments which seem safe, there may be risks therefore employers need to take every possible scenario into account.

    Situations which could put employees at risk of an injury should be controlled by any means possible to keep people safe and protected from hazards. This means that employers should issue protective clothing, protective equipment and appropriate training where necessary. They should also be carrying out risk assessments regularly to ensure that any new equipment or practices in the workplace are accounted for.

    High-risk employees should also be assessed regularly, including pregnant women and those over a certain age if the work is strenuous. There should also be specific training procedures in place to ensure that workers are safe when carrying out day to day activities. If an accident occurs and there have been failings in health and safety, you could be seriously injured. You could claim compensation for being unable to work.

    Health and safety failures

    Some workplaces are more hazardous than others which means that there should be more risk assessments taking place. Equipment should be monitored and repaired regularly and any machinery should be in working condition.

    Employers should appoint someone (or several) members of staff to carry out the necessary risk assessments. If there are failures in health and safety, you could be left with a life-changing injury. You could claim compensation for being unable to work.

    Open Claim Calculator

    How to make a claim

    Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm which specialises in personal injury compensation and can help you make your claim if you are injured in the workplace. If you are unable to work, you may be experiencing some financial difficulty, depending on your circumstances.

    Should this be the case, we can help you make a claim for some compensation which could help you financially through a difficult transition. Call us free to discuss making your claim.

    Date Published: December 12, 2014

    Author: rhian

    Category: Costs and losses

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.