Whether you’re a business taking part in a trade show or you’re just visiting to scout out new suppliers for your company, getting out of the office and going to a trade show can be really exciting; it’s something a bit different from the usual 9 to 5.
Trade shows and conventions aren’t just for businesses though – you’ll find a wide variety of TV, gaming and movie conventions taking place across the country, some for specific shows and others for genres, such as sci-fi or anime conventions.
If you have suffered a trade show injury whilst visiting a convention or trade show in the UK, you might be able to make a claim for personal injury compensation if a third party is to blame for your accident.
Sometimes it can be hard to tell who is at fault, but that’s where Accident Advice Helpline comes in. Our team of advisors has 15 years’ experience handling personal injury claims, so you can trust us to provide you with confidential, no-obligation advice.
When you least expect it
Often, accidents happen when you least expect them, and suffering a trade show injury is probably the last thing on your mind, whether you’re visiting a show for business or pleasure.
Most trade shows and conventions run smoothly, but here are just a few examples of the types of injury that could be suffered:
- Broken bones, sprains, cuts and bruises after a slip, trip or fall – this usually happens due to food or drink spillage, hazards left lying around or even damaged flooring
- Head injury after a fall – for example falling downstairs or off a stage or platform
- Facial injuries – could be caused by stand display equipment falling down or hitting you in the face, or even by other members of the public (such as those in costume)
- Food poisoning from consuming food on-site
- Cuts/lacerations from faulty display equipment, broken chairs etc.
- Heat stroke or heat exhaustion from queueing for hours in hot weather
How much compensation could you claim?
That all depends on a number of factors, like the severity of your injuries and whether you’ve suffered any financial losses – for example, if you’ve needed time off work to recover from your injuries.
Our professional personal injury lawyers provide a 100% no win, no fee* service and will work out your settlement – just call us on 0800 689 0500 or take the 30-second test on our website right now, to see how much you could claim.
Date Published: September 1, 2015
Author: Paula Beaton
Category: Event claims