Being involved in a tractor accident can be completely life-changing; not only could you receive serious injuries from this kind of accident, but it could impact on your well-being for the rest of your life.
The injuries you sustain could result in you having to change career paths, especially if you receive lasting injuries that limit your mobility and ability to complete your usual duties.
At Accident Advice Helpline we understand that being awarded compensation will not make everything better and will not cure your injuries. However, we know compensation can prove very useful, especially in times of unemployment or where you are paying for your medical care. A sense of relief comes when someone is held responsible and this is why we work on behalf of our clients, fighting for them to receive the level of compensation they deserve.
Causes of tractor accidents
There are a range of causes of a tractor accident, some of these causes are the fault of the person operating the tractor, and in this case it is unlikely that the victim will be able to claim compensation. Other causes, where someone else is responsible for the accident, include:
- Those working with tractors not being fully trained on how to use them safely, and not being given the operating manual to study
- Tractors not being well maintained and therefore not working properly
- Tractors not being fitted with the correct safety belt or equivalent safety harness
- Tractors having had safety mechanisms removed
These all fall under the responsibility of the employer, and therefore if you are involved in one of these kinds of accident, it is likely that you will be able to claim.
Injuries from a tractor accident
The types of injury you might receive from being in this type of accident can range greatly and include:
- Minor cuts, grazes, sprains and bruises
- Broken limbs, such as an arm or a leg
- Head or brain injuries which could potentially lead to brain damage that is either temporary or permanent
- Spinal cord or back injuries that could cause mobility issues or paralysis
- Internal injuries such as damage to organs such as the liver or kidneys
The compensation amount you are likely to be awarded will depend on the severity of the injuries you sustained, as well as the level of negligence show.
Begin your compensation claim today with Accident Advice Helpline, call our 24-hour free phone line now on 0800 689 0500.
Date Published: October 24, 2015
Author: Rob Steen
Category: Farming accident claims