How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for toy-related accidents

    Compensation for toy-related accidents

    You assume that all toys you buy are perfectly safe for your child to use, regardless of the age of your child and the type of toy you buy. However, while this is certainly true in the majority of cases, there are instances where it may not be true.

    Fortunately cases like this are not that common, but toy-related accidents do occur each year. Some occur because the child was not being supervised as they were using the toy, as they should have been. At other times accidents might happen because the toy is being used inappropriately and not for the purpose it was intended for.

    How about other toy-related accidents that are not the fault of the child?

    Sometimes a toy may be designed to fulfil a certain purpose and yet it does not do so. For example a set of toy stilts may be designed to withstand a certain weight. However, it could be that your child is lighter than that and the stilts collapse anyway. This could potentially cause some nasty injuries that were not your child’s fault. If the stilts were not up to the standards required of them, this could mean the company that created them were negligent.

    Accident Advice Helpline sees cases like this from time to time. When they occur we look at whether there is any evidence of negligence that could potentially support a claim to be made for compensation for the injured child.

    Working out what to do in the event your child is injured

    Obviously medical advice will be your first concern. In some instances you may only need to visit your GP. However, more serious accidents may require an immediate trip to your local A&E department. Either way, this will provide evidence of the injury that has been seen by a medical professional.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Once your child is recovering you will be able to get in contact with Accident Advice Helpline to learn more about whether you might be able to claim compensation. We can provide a no win, no fee** claims process that could lead to compensation. If you don’t win you don’t pay a penny. Even the call is free on 0800 689 0500 and we can also provide you with no-obligation advice as we try and find out the facts surrounding your case. Why not make that call now to see what happens next?

    Date Published: July 27, 2015

    Author: Rob Steen

    Category: Faulty product claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.