How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for stomach cramps and vomiting

    Food poisoning can cause a variety of symptoms, including stomach cramps, vomiting and diarrhoea. It can also cause dehydration as a side-effect and some people even suffer from complications depending on how much of the contaminated food is consumed. Food poisoning can be caused by a number of bacterium, parasites or viruses but the most common causes are E.coli, salmonella and campylobacter. Many types are found in undercooked meats but others can be found on unwashed fruit and vegetables, on soft cheeses, in water or in milk. The symptoms vary but often clear up within a few days. However, some people may experience a longer bout of food poisoning, particularly if they have an underlying illness which makes the food poisoning harder to cope with.

    Restaurants have a duty to follow the food safety and hygiene regulations in order to avoid giving consumers food poisoning. These direct food businesses to conduct hazard assessments in their establishment in order to identify the areas where there could be a risk of contamination. However, if there are failings in food hygiene, there may be a risk of the public developing symptoms of stomach cramps and vomiting.

    When to make a claim for compensation

    You may be able to make a claim for stomach cramps and vomiting if there is evidence that your illness was caused by a food business or establishment. This may meant that they did not conduct risk assessments on their business putting you and the rest of the public at risk of illness. Food businesses must control hazards where possible and follow the guidelines given for preparing, storing, cooking and re-heating food. If you have suffered an illness due to a restaurant’s negligence, you could be entitled to compensation.

    Making your claim

    Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm which specialises in personal injury compensation claims therefore we can help you make your claim for illness caused by negligence. We have a team of expert solicitors who will be able to offer you no-obligation advice when you give us a call on our free 24-hour helpline. You have no need to worry about your financial situation as we offer all of our clients a no win, no fee** service. If you wish for us to contact you at a more convenient time, just use our online contact form and we will be in touch.

    Date Published: January 20, 2015

    Open Claim Calculator

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Food poisoning claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.