How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for slipping in public

    Whether you’ve tumbled head over feet on a busy high street or face-planted in a crowded shopping centre, slipping in public can be pretty humiliating, and it can happen to the best of us anywhere, at any time.

    But your pride is not the only thing that can be hurt after slipping in public – serious injuries could be suffered which could leave you in pain and unable to return to work. It might seem nice having a few weeks off to relax and recover from your injuries; but you may change your mind when you realise your finances will be affected by your loss of earnings.

    We know that the aftermath of an accident is often a very stressful time for families, which is why Accident Advice Helpline’s team of personal injury lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee* basis – so we’re not adding to your financial pressures. You could find out right now how much compensation you could claim by heading for our website and taking the 30-second test.

    Who’s at fault?

    Cracked paving stones, a damaged kerb, potholes, a wet floor – what do all of these things have in common? They’re all hazards which could lead to a slip in public; but who is to blame if you’re involved in an accident? In the case of road and pavement hazards such as loose or cracked paving or potholes, the local council could be at fault.

    They’re responsible for ensuring that pavements and roads are maintained to a high standard, so if you’ve suffered a broken ankle or wrist injuries after your fall, we could help you claim personal injury compensation from the council.

    Open Claim Calculator

    It might be that you’ve been left with back injuries after slipping on a wet floor in a shopping centre. Shopping centres are supposed to be safe places for you to spend time and the shopping centre owner or manager could be held liable for your injuries in this case.

    Should you make a claim?

    Whatever the circumstances surrounding your accident, if somebody else is at fault, we’ll help you make a personal injury claim – and you can get confidential, no-obligation advice right now from our personal injury advisers.

    It’s up to you whether to proceed with a claim, but at least call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 today and find out whether you have a viable personal injury claim.

    Date Published: August 12, 2015

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Category: Accident in a pub

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.