How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for sickness after a restaurant meal

    Dining out is a real treat – whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or just avoiding having to cook after a long day at work. You expect the restaurant, café or pub you visit to provide an excellent standard of service, and that the food you eat will be tasty and well cooked. So if you’re struck down by sickness after a restaurant meal, it can really take you by surprise.

    Food poisoning symptoms usually take between 48 to 72 hours to show up, but in some cases they can take weeks to present themselves. Most people experience nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach cramps and fever, and whilst in most cases you’ll feel better within a few days, sickness after a restaurant meal can lead to severe food poisoning in some cases. Children and the elderly are particularly at risk and may need medical treatment.

    If you have been affected by food poisoning, you could make a claim for personal injury compensation. A three year time limit applies for these type of claims, so make sure you don’t miss out by leaving things too late. Contact a reputable personal injury lawyer and find out if you could claim today.

    Who is responsible for your food poisoning?

    Food poisoning is usually caused by poor food hygiene. Poor food hygiene could include:

    • Dirty work surfaces and utensils
    • Lack of hand washing procedures
    • Pest infestation
    • Using food past its sell-by date
    • Cross contamination between raw and cooked products
    • Failing to cook or store food (such as raw meat) properly

    Establishments serving food have a duty of care to ensure they meet food hygiene standards. If they fail to do so, they could be held liable if you suffer from food poisoning. You may wish to report the establishment to your local council’s environmental health department, who will carry out their own investigation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    We can help you claim compensation

    Here at Accident Advice Helpline, our aim is to make the compensation claims process as simple and stress free as possible for customers. Because we’ve been in business since 2000, you know you can trust us to provide you with a very best customer service and we’re endorsed by our patron, TV personality Esther Rantzen. Why not pick up the phone and call us today on 0800 689 0500 for confidential, no obligation advice and to take advantage of our 100% no win, no fee** service. We are open 247 and confident that we can help you claim the compensation you deserve, so get in touch today.

    Date Published: February 19, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.