How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for being sick from petrol station food

    Many of us grab a snack at petrol stations – particularly if we’re stopping off to refuel on a long road trip. Even if you’re just popping in to pick up some snacks to take home or essentials such as bread and milk, the last thing you expect is to get sick from petrol station food. We trust petrol stations and corner shops to sell food that is high quality and safe to eat; sadly this isn’t always the case.

    There are a number of things that could cause you to become sick from petrol station food, such as:

    • Unhygienic conditions such as pest infestation or dirty food storage areas
    • Selling out-of-date food
    • Selling hot food and drinks in a dirty environment

    If you have become ill after eating petrol station food, what can you do about it? You should definitely let the petrol station owner know – and you may wish to call your local council’s environmental health department, who may carry out an inspection of the premises to find out what has caused your illness, particularly if other people have also reported illness.

    You may be able to claim personal injury compensation, so it’s a good idea to get in touch with a personal injury lawyer to find out whether this is a possibility.

    Should you claim?

    It’s easy to feel daunted at the prospect of making a claim – but there’s no need to. Petrol station owners will have liability insurance in place to protect them in the event of a claim, and if you have become ill due to somebody else’s negligence, you deserve to be compensated.

    Open Claim Calculator

    The good news is that it’s unlikely you’ll need to go to court as most claims are settled before this point and can be processed in full over the phone. So if you have been struck down by food poisoning, get in touch with a personal injury lawyer to find out more.

    We’re here for you

    When you’re considering making a claim for personal injury compensation, you want somebody on your side that you can trust.

    That’s why Accident Advice Helpline are here – we offer confidential advice to all our customers, as we know the aftermath of any accident or illness can be a stressful time.

    There’s no obligation to proceed with a claim, but, if you do decide you want to claim, we work on a 100% no win, no fee* basis, so that’s one less thing to worry about.

    Call us on 0800 689 0500 to speak to a member of our team today and find out more about the claims process.

    Date Published: April 8, 2015

    Author: Rob Steen

    Category: Food poisoning claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.