How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for a school crossing accident

    When you drop your child off at school in the morning, whether they’re at primary or secondary school, you expect them to be safe. But did you ever stop to think that the road outside your child’s school could be a dangerous place? A school crossing accident has the potential to occur at any time, and it’s usually when other parents are distracted by their children in the car and not paying attention to the road, or when negligent drivers are speeding. Reducing your speed outside a school could save a life – that’s why many local authorities across the UK put in place road safety campaigns to cut out speeding on roads surrounding schools.

    But what can you do if your child is involved in a school crossing accident? Complaining to the school and the local council will only get you so far – they can make changes and put in place safety measures to prevent this from happening to other children in the future, but what about compensation for your child’s pain and suffering? Whether they’ve suffered minor injuries or have been seriously hurt, you may be able to claim personal injury compensation on their behalf.

    Claim the compensation you deserve

    Injuries sustained in a school crossing accident could range from minor to severe and could include:

    • Cuts
    • Bruises
    • Broken bones
    • Head injuries including brain injuries
    • Crush injuries
    • Damage to tendons, ligaments and muscles

    If your child has been injured, they’ll probably need to take time off school to recover. Don’t underestimate the psychological effects that a road accident could have on your child either – they may become very nervous about going to school or crossing roads on their own, and this could be something that stays with them for the rest of their lives.

    We’re here to help

    If you want to find out whether you could claim personal injury compensation, it makes sense to give Accident Advice Helpline a call. We’re here to offer confidential, no-obligation advice, so you can call us to discuss your situation in more detail and get answers to any questions you may have. If you decide to proceed with a claim, there are no upfront fees to pay thanks to our 100% no win, no fee* service, so what are you waiting for? Take the 30-second test on our website right now and you could find out how much compensation you could be entitled to claim, or pick up the phone and call us on 0800 689 0500 – we are open 24/7.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: January 22, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Accident at school

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.