How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for school building work injuries

    When you send your child to school, you assume they’ll be safe and well cared for until it’s time to come home. Unfortunately, if building works are taking place at your child’s school, there is always the potential for school building work injuries to occur if contractors or staff are negligent. Even if building works aren’t taking place, poor general building maintenance could lead to an accident which could leave your child severely injured.

    Here are a few examples of the types of accident which could lead to school building work injuries:

    • Tripping over tools/materials left lying around
    • A pot of paint or tools left unattended falling from height (such as scaffolding)
    • Injured by power tools left unattended
    • Cuts or lacerations after touching/tripping on sharp tools and equipment

    If your child has been injured as a result of their school’s negligence – for example, if the school hired contractors who were negligent, then you could make a claim for personal injury compensation on their behalf. A three-year time limit applies to personal injury claims so it’s important to make sure you act quickly after an accident, so that you don’t miss out.

    How has your child been injured?

    The amount of compensation you’ll receive will take into account the severity of your child’s injuries and their pain and suffering. It will also take into account how their injuries will impact their future, if applicable. For example, if they have suffered severe head injuries, this could leave them needing medical assistance and care for the rest of their lives, and any settlement received will compensate you for the cost of future care and treatment. Obviously, in the case of minor injuries, the amount of compensation received will be less than when life-threatening or life-changing injuries are sustained.

    Why choose Accident Advice Helpline?

    With so many personal injury lawyers out there to choose from, why should you call Accident Advice Helpline? We’ve been in the industry since 2000 and have helped hundreds of people claim the compensation they deserve, so you know you can trust us to handle your claim efficiently and get you the compensation you deserve. We offer a 100% no win, no fee** service to all our customers, so there’s no need to worry about upfront legal fees, and we’re here to offer confidential, no-obligation advice, whatever your situation. Call us now on 0800 689 0500 to find out how we can help you claim.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: February 19, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Accident at school

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.