How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for public house food poisoning

    Your favourite pub is probably your favourite for good reason – it could be a great selection of ales, innovative cocktails or maybe a tasty menu of home-cooked food. But what about trying somewhere new? It’s a good idea to check out the food hygiene rating of any pub before visiting, especially if you’re planning on eating there. You can do this online, with establishments receiving a rating of 0 stars (urgent improvement necessary) to 5 stars (no improvement needed). Obviously, you want to avoid the pubs with a 0 star rating if you can, as there is the risk of public house food poisoning.

    Unhygienic kitchens or poor habits amongst kitchen staff are often to blame when it comes to public house food poisoning. For example, things such as:

    • Lack of hand washing amongst staff
    • Dirty food prep areas
    • Failing to store/refrigerate food
    • Meat not cooked properly
    • Using food past its sell-by date

    These things could all cause food poisoning and could be dangerous for customers.

    Have you suffered food poisoning?

    Food poisoning symptoms include nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea – some people get terrible stomach cramps too. You’ll usually find that you should avoid eating for the first 24 hours you’re ill – which means taking the day off work is likely. Most people start to feel better within a few days, but if you’re still suffering from vomiting and diarrhoea after a few days, a trip to the GP may be in order. If you’ve suffered from food poisoning after dining out at a pub, it’s a good idea to report this to your council’s environmental health department, who may investigate. Then call us; we’re here to offer confidential, no-obligation advice and help you get the compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering. Claiming personal injury compensation doesn’t have to be a long, complex procedure. We can process most claims in full over the phone, so it’s likely you won’t even have to go to court.

    Making a claim for compensation

    Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 within three years of your food poisoning incident and we’ll be able to tell you whether you have a viable claim. Our professional personal injury lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee** basis, so there’s no excuse for not seeing if you could claim. Even if you don’t know anything about the claims process, you can get in touch – that’s why we’re here. Pubs breaching food hygiene regulations shouldn’t be allowed to get away with it, so take action and claim the compensation you deserve.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: June 12, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.