How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for poisoning from a dirty food premises

    Any premises serving or selling food requires to meet food hygiene safety standards. What does this mean? Well, they should ensure that food preparation and storage areas are clean and well-maintained, that food is stored correctly (i.e. refrigerated if necessary), that cross-contamination between cooked and raw meat doesn’t occur, that food is cooked properly and that the premises are tidy, clean and hygienic. Hand-washing should also be a regular occurrence, to prevent the spread of harmful bacteria which could lead to food poisoning.

    If you’ve been unlucky enough to suffer food poisoning from a dirty food premises – whether you’ve ordered food from an unhygienic takeaway or been ill after buying milk at your corner shop – the good news is that there are steps you can take to ensure nobody else is similarly affected, and that you are compensated for your suffering.

    It’s a good idea to let the owner of the establishment know, so that they can try to find out what has gone wrong and, if necessary, take preventative measure to stop anyone else becoming ill. If you’re dissatisfied with their response or are concerned about the premises, you could report the business to your local council’s environmental health department, who may carry out an inspection.

    Making a claim

    Food poisoning from a dirty food premises could leave you feeling very unwell, and you may be able to make a claim for personal injury compensation if you have been ill.

    Whether you have suffered food poisoning symptoms for a few days or been left severely unwell and requiring medical treatment, your first step should be to contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible, to find out if you’re eligible to claim personal injury compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Get in touch today

    Accident Advice Helpline’s freephone helpline is open 24/7 and you can call us right now on 0800 689 0500 to find out more about the personal injury claims process.

    With over 14 years’ experience in the industry and a recommendation from our patron, UK consumer champion Esther Rantzen, you can trust us to get you the compensation you deserve.

    If you’d like to find out how much compensation you could receive for your food poisoning, take the 30-second test on our website, or call us for confidential, no-obligation advice today.

    We offer a 100% no win, no fee* service, so you don’t need to worry about how you will afford expensive upfront legal fees.

    Date Published: April 8, 2015

    Author: Rob Steen

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.