How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for pedestrianised zone accidents

    If you visit a town centre you might find yourself able to use a so-called pedestrianised zone. This is a zone that is designed to be used by pedestrians only and no one else. For example you shouldn’t see a cyclist, motorcyclist or driver of any kind in the area. This is done to provide a safe place for pedestrians to use so they are not in any danger while out shopping. There is no need to worry about crossing the road or doing anything that is liable to put them in any danger.

    There are still occasions when pedestrianised zone accidents can occur. For example some people are hurt as a result of being hit by a cyclist travelling at speed through the area. Unfortunately some cyclists think they can still use such areas as a short-cut. This is not the case. If they should hurt someone while riding through the area, this would very likely constitute negligence.

    How common are pedestrianised zone accidents?

    Fortunately they do not occur very often. However, as we have seen from the example above there are instances where things do go wrong and people end up nursing injuries. If you have been involved in any type of accident of this nature you will know how suddenly it can happen and how quickly things can go wrong.

    The team at Accident Advice Helpline has had occasions where we have spoken with people who have suffered injuries while in these zones. If there is ample evidence that negligence was the cause of those injuries, there is a good chance the individual could sue for compensation.

    Do other types of accidents occur?

    It is possible that other accidents could happen, yes. For example someone might end up being knocked over by someone else who is running to get to somewhere else. If that individual does not take proper care in looking where they are going, it could mean someone else is injured as a result.

    Open Claim Calculator

    As you can see, there is a lot to think about here. However, the team at Accident Advice Helpline is always on hand to provide the information and no-obligation advice you are seeking. Did you have an accident within the last three years? One fast call to 0800 689 0500 will be all you need to find out whether you can claim with our help.

    Date Published: June 12, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Pedestrian accident claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.