How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Health and Safety News

    Compensation paid by Worcestershire County Council for pothole injuries and damage

    By David Brown on June 15, 2014

    Compensation paid by Worcestershire County Council for pothole injuries and damage

    Worcestershire County Council has paid out compensation for over 2,500 drivers over a five-year period, according to figures released by Worcester News. According to the council fewer claims are being paid out now when compared to five years ago. In 2009 the total amount paid out for claims totalled £137,000. Last year this had fallen drastically to just £9,449.

    The council has an online reporting system people can use to let them know about defects on the roads. This may have contributed to the drop in compensation claims as it means the council can identify the potholes and repair them faster than before. However, some people are still paying out for repairs after coming into contact with potholes and suffering the consequences.

    Have you suffered pothole injuries or damage to your vehicle from poorly maintained roads?

    Many roads are kept in excellent condition but bad weather and failing road surfaces can lead to potholes forming on any road. If this mix of conditions does lead to a pothole, it is very easy to drive or walk on the surface without seeing it. This in turn can lead to an accident or injury.

    Car tyres can be damaged and require replacements. If you trip and fall because of a defect you may easily sprain an ankle or hurt your hands while trying to break your unexpected fall. Whatever the situation may be it is wise to consult a lawyer with experience in this field to ascertain whether you can make a compensation claim as a result.

    Claiming compensation for accidents and injuries caused by road defects

    If you have suffered a car accident, bike accident or injury of any kind caused by a defective road surface or pothole, we may be able to help. The professional injury compensation lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline have been successfully winning claims on these types of cases for years. Perhaps we can assist you as well.

    Simply call our free 24/7 enquiry line to find out more and to discuss the facts of your situation. We will assess whether you have cause to make a claim without any obligation on your part. Contact us now or opt to fill in our 30-second online test to find out more about your situation. We’re just a phone call away and we may be able to set the ball rolling on a compensation claim.

    Source: Bromsgrove Advertiser

    Share On


    Date Published: June 15, 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Category: News

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.