How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for main road cycling accidents

    Cyclists are more at risk of serious injury than other road users simply because they have less protection from the impact of a crash. If you’re travelling in a car or other vehicle, you’re protected from impact by the vehicle, but main road cycling accidents could cause serious, life-changing or life-threatening injuries to cyclists. Many local authorities have put in place cycle paths designed to allow cyclists to commute safely without having to cycle on busy main roads, but what about if these cycle paths are not well maintained?

    An impassable cycle path can’t be used by cyclists – or anyone – which increases the risk of main road cycling accidents occurring. If you’ve found the usual cycle path you use to get to work is blocked or impassable, you might have to use the main road to cycle to work and you’re putting yourself at risk of being involved in an accident. If you have been injured in an accident on a main road and believe that your local council could have done more to prevent it from occurring, we could help you claim personal injury compensation.

    Putting the public at risk

    It’s your local council’s job to ensure that public highways, such as footpaths or cycle paths, are properly maintained – this includes carrying out repairs to damaged paths and ensuring they’re free of debris and passable. If you’ve been forced to cycle on the main road and been involved in an accident, contact our personal injury advisors for confidential, no-obligation advice – we work on a 100% no win, no fee** basis, so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If the council has neglected its duty and failed to keep a cycle path in your area maintained to a safe standard and this has led to your accident, you have every right to make a claim for personal injury compensation.

    Claiming the compensation you deserve

    We believe you deserve to be compensated if somebody else’s negligence has caused your cycle accident and we’re here to help you claim – in fact, we have helped hundreds of customers claim compensation since 2000. So whether you have sustained life-changing injuries that will require ongoing care or minor injuries that have still meant taking time off work to recover, call Accident Advice Helpline today on 0800 689 0500 to find out how we can help you claim compensation for your pain and suffering.

    Date Published: June 12, 2015

    Open Claim Calculator

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Cycling accident claim

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.