How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for long-term home care

    We all take great pride in our homes. We feel safe there. It is only right therefore, that we would want to stay there if we fell ill or were seriously injured and had to re-evaluate our lives as a result. For some people the help of family members might be all that is required to get by on a day-to-day basis. However, for others, long-term home care might need to be looked at, especially if proper medical attention is needed on a regular basis.

    Home care is hugely important but it can also be very expensive. As you can imagine, suffering from an illness or coming to terms with a serious and debilitating injury is bad enough, without adding in the cost of medical assistance as well. This is particularly hard to come to terms with when your medical problems stem from an accident or illness you sustained through negligence.

    How can this happen?

    While the majority of workplaces are perfectly safe and sound, some are run by bosses who are negligent in the way they operate their business. While all employees should always be able to work in complete safety, in isolated cases this doesn’t happen. Imagine for example being exposed to asbestos in your workplace and contracting a life-limiting asbestos-related illness as a result. This could severely affect your ability to care for yourself, especially as the illness worsens.

    Accidents may also lead to serious injuries that could mean you require additional help at home. If you have had to give up work you may already have money worries, without having to find the money to pay for long-term home care as well.

    Looking at the possibility of compensation

    Getting compensation for an illness or injury caused by a third party is a possibility, but you must seek out professional advice in order to determine if this is the case in your situation. The facts will need to be assessed to determine how likely you are to win compensation for your needs.

    Open Claim Calculator

    By calling Accident Advice Helpline you can determine whether such a possibility is likely in your situation. Our number is 0800 689 0500 and it will cost you nothing to make that call. We may be able to put your case before an experienced and professional lawyer who has already won similar claims for other people. Look ahead and make that call today.

    Date Published: September 24, 2015

    Author: Allison Whitehead

    Category: Car accident claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.