We use our hands in almost every aspect of life, so long-term hand injuries could seriously impact your ability to earn a living, care for your family and yourself and live your life. Our hands are of extreme functional importance, which means personal injury settlement for serious long-term hand injuries can often be large, compensating you not only for your pain and suffering, but also for your long-term prognosis and the effect your injuries have had on your life.
Accident Advice Helpline can help you to claim personal injury compensation no matter how your accident happened – if somebody else is to blame, you may have a claim. Just ask our expert personal injury advisors, who are on hand to offer confidential, no-obligation advice.
Long-term hand injuries
You could suffer injuries to any parts of your hands such as:
- Fractured bones – the knuckles, carpal bones in your wrist or your fingers could be fractured
- Muscles, tendons and ligaments – these allow you to grasp and release, so injuries could affect your hand’s functionality
- Nerves – the nerves in your fingertips give you your sense of touch, and if these are damaged you may be unable to feel
Whilst any type of accident has the potential to cause long-term hand injuries, you’re most likely to suffer hand injuries in the following types of accident:
- Road traffic accidents where you are riding a bike or motorbike
- Slips, trips and falls – in a shop/shopping centre or outside on the pavement
- Workplace accidents – usually accidents involving machinery with moving parts, which can cause crush fractures and even lead to the loss of a hand
If somebody else, such as another driver or your employer, has been negligent and this has caused your accident and subsequent injuries, you could claim personal injury compensation.
Moving on with your life
We know making a claim for compensation won’t undo your pain and suffering, but it can help you to move forward and focus on recovering from your injuries or pay for the cost of ongoing treatment to ease your pain.
Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 and we’ll be able to help you claim the compensation you deserve, whether your hand has been amputated after a workplace accident or you have suffered complex fractures in a road traffic accident.
It’s time to take action, and because our personal injury lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee* basis, you have nothing to lose by getting in touch with us today.
Date Published: August 12, 2015
Author: Paula Beaton
Category: Hand injury claim