Sometimes it seems like we’re always hearing about people claiming compensation for life-changing injuries sustained in an accident that was somebody else’s fault. Personal injury compensation is definitely an avenue you should explore if you have suffered life-changing injuries that have left you unable to earn a living, care for your family or live your life to the full.
Provided it has been three years or less since your accident, you could be eligible to claim a substantial sum of compensation for your life-changing injuries, so it’s well worth getting in touch with Accident Advice Helpline to see how we can help you. We specialise in personal injury law and have been in business since 2000, so we really know what we’re talking about.
What’s a life-changing injury?
Injuries classed as life-changing are any types of injury which have impacted your future – such as your ability to work or look after yourself and your family. Here are just a few examples of life-changing injuries and how they could be sustained:
- Head injuries sustained after a fall from height or car accident – in some cases this could cause brain injury which can affect motor skills, behaviour and personality
- Loss of a limb due to crush injuries, often caused by heavy machinery at work, industrial accidents or road traffic accidents
- Permanent disability after a fall from height or building collapse has left you with back, neck and spinal injuries
- Facial injuries such as burns or severe lacerations caused in a fall, fire, explosion or industrial accident (such as whilst working in a factory)
- Complex or multiple fractures which don’t heal properly and lead to permanent disfigurement, such as those sustained in a road traffic accident or fall
Industrial diseases such as HAVS, mesothelioma or farmers’ lung
These are just a few examples and there are many more out there which have the potential to impact your future. We believe you should be compensated not only for your pain and suffering but also for your long-term prognosis and the impact your injuries have had on your life, so our personal injury lawyers will take all these things into account to get you the best possible settlement.
The time is now
Don’t delay making a claim for personal injury compensation if your injuries have affected your life – there’s a three-year time limit in place to make a claim.
Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 and find out if you could be eligible to claim compensation, or take the 30-second test on our website right now, to see how much you could claim.
Category: Personal injury claims