How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for an injury on playground equipment

    You wouldn’t think that swings, climbing frames, see-saws and roundabouts were dangerous – well, they’re not, provided they are well-maintained and regularly inspected. But a faulty or damaged roundabout or climbing frame has the potential to cause injuries to children.

    If your child has suffered an injury on playground equipment, your first concern is obviously for their health and well-being. It might be that they need hospital treatment or medication to recover from their injuries, and it can be a stressful, worrying time for the whole family. But once they start to feel better, you could consider making a claim for personal injury compensation, if somebody else is to blame for their accident.

    Life-changing injuries

    Even if you’re watching your children constantly, an injury on playground equipment could still happen, and they could suffer life-changing injuries. Here are just a few examples of the types of serious injury Accident Advice Helpline has handled claims for, on a 100% no win, no fee* basis:

    • Serious head injury such as fractured skull or brain injury, often caused by a fall from a climbing frame or other high equipment
    • Complex and compound fractures after a fall from playground equipment
    • Spinal injuries after being flung from a roundabout or faulty swing
    • Crush injuries from limbs becoming trapped under a roundabout

    These types of injuries can impact the rest of your child’s life and they may need time off school to recover or extensive medical treatment. In some cases, they may even be left permanently physically or mentally disabled.

    This is not just emotionally distressing for your family, it can also put a strain on your finances as you may need to pay for specialist treatment or to adapt your home to suit their needs.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Claim the compensation they deserve

    Accident Advice Helpline can help you claim the compensation your child deserves and your settlement could help to cover the costs of making any modifications to your home, paying for medical treatment or even compensate you for loss of earnings if you have needed time off work to care for your child.

    Call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 for confidential, no-obligation advice and to find out if you have a viable claim. Whether your child has suffered serious injuries or more minor injuries, we can help you – you could even head for our website right now and take the 30-second test, to see how much compensation you could be entitled to.

    Date Published: September 1, 2015

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.