How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for an injury on council property

    The chances of a serious accident occurring while you go about your daily business are slim, particularly if you are a cautious and careful person. However, in some cases, you may be subjected to an injury that was caused by someone else. This could be because they deliberately put you in harm’s way or it may be because there was a failure to address health and safety. If you are a member of the public and have been visiting a council building when your accident occurred, it may fall to the council to compensate you for any injuries you have sustained if they are liable.

    Your local authority may even be liable if you suffer an accident within their region, such as a trip over damaged pavement or a fall in your local park. There may be damaged stairways or damaged flooring in your local library which has caused you to trip and fall. It does not matter what kind of accident occurred but it does matter that your safety was put at risk. If you are thinking of claiming compensation for an injury on council property, it is best to obtain some legal advice.

    What you should do after your accident

    If you think you may be entitled to compensation for an injury on council property, you should take action as soon as possible after the incident. If you can, take pictures of the area which caused your injury and take the names of any witnesses present to support your case. Also, report your accident to the person in charge or to your local authority directly. Ask if they have an accident book or a reporting procedure to ensure that you have your accident noted in writing. Then you can obtain some advice from a legal representative.

    What Accident Advice Helpline do

    At Accident Advice Helpline we have a team of advisers on hand to give you no-obligation advice regarding your claim for personal injury. If you have suffered because of someone else’s negligence, you have the right to be compensated for your pain and inconvenience which we can help you do. Give our team a call on 0800 689 0500 for advice on our free helpline or leave your details with us via our online form and we will be in touch. You have no need to worry about your finances as we do not take a fee unless we win your case on your behalf.

    Date Published: February 6, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.