You’d be forgiven for thinking that injuries at work are never going to happen to you. After all, if you work in retail or in an office, they’re hardly dangerous environments, are they?
Whilst it’s true that you’re more likely to be injured in a workplace accident if you work in the construction or agricultural industry, injuries at work have the potential to happen to anyone, anywhere at any time.
Whether you have suffered a slip, trip or fall in an office or industrial disease after working on a farm, Accident Advice Helpline has the expertise and knowledge to help you claim personal injury compensation after your accident. Get confidential, no-obligation advice today from our advisers that could help you decide whether or not to proceed with a claim.
What types of injury could you suffer?
The types of injury you could suffer will obviously depend on your job. Here are just a few examples:
- Broken bones, sprains and strains after a slip, trip or fall
- Crush injuries if your hand or arm is trapped in heavy machinery (for example in a factory)
- Spinal injuries or severe head injuries after a fall from height – such as from scaffolding or off a roof
- Burns or scalds from spillages whilst working in the hospitality industry
- Electrocuted by faulty equipment in a retail store, hotel or office
- Burns from an industrial oven whilst working in a food factory
- Industrial disease from working on a farm – such as farmer’s lung, caused by inhaling mouldy spores from grain or hay
These are just a few examples and it would be impossible to list every type of injury which could be suffered after an accident at work. But injuries at work have the potential to be life-threatening or life-changing and if you have been forced to take time off or even quit your job as the result of an accident that wasn’t your fault, we’re here to support you.
Our lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee basis, so even if you’re struggling financially after your accident, our services are affordable.
Next steps to claiming
Once you’ve recovered from your injuries or are on the road towards a full recovery, remember that a three year time limit applies for all personal injury claims.
You can contact Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 and find out if you have a viable claim, or even take the 30-second test on our website after your accident, to see how much compensation you could be entitled to. Don’t suffer in silence – claim the compensation you deserve for injuries at work.
Date Published: August 9, 2015
Author: Rob Steen