How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for injuries requiring long-term care

    Accidents do happen in life, we are all aware of that. Often whatever injuries are suffered can be fully recovered from, but this isn’t always true. In some cases injuries requiring long-term care may be suffered by an individual, and when this happens it may lead to a life much-changed from how it was once lived.

    There have been cases brought to the attention of the team at Accident Advice Helpline that fall into this particular bracket. For instance some people who receive extensive injuries in a car accident caused by another person might be left needing long-term care. They may be unable to return to their previous life and job as a result of the injuries.

    How serious could injuries requiring long-term care be?

    In some instances such injuries could shorten a person’s potential lifespan. In other cases they might be able to live for many years yet, but can no longer do so without daily care. It all depends on how the person is injured and how severe the injuries happen to be.

    Accident Advice Helpline will always consider such cases to determine whether there is ample evidence to prove that someone else was negligent in some way. If we can find enough evidence to support a compensation claim, this could lead to a significant payout. This in turn can help the individual who was injured, providing nursing care and much more besides to make their life easier from that moment on.

    Adjusting to a completely new life

    No one would ever want to find themselves in this situation. However, if it did happen it would be important to determine the type of care that would be required from that moment on. Adjusting to a new way of living would be necessary, however, that might describe the situation the injured person would have to move into. This may mean 24-hour care in a nursing facility, or perhaps daily care at the person’s home. It might also mean adjustments need to be made to the individual’s home in order to ensure they can still live there.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Getting the best outcome from such a situation is vital, especially in a financial sense. Nursing care is expensive and if your injuries are such that you need it regularly, it is worth considering claiming compensation. Learn more from Accident Advice Helpline now by calling 0800 689 0500 to speak to an advisor.

    Date Published: June 18, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Car accident claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.