How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for injuries on playground swings

    Soaring through the air on a playground swing is the stuff memories are made of, and going to the local playground with your mum, dad, gran or friends is definitely a major part of a happy childhood. But what if your child has suffered injuries on playground swings, either whilst at the park with friends or whilst you were supervising them?

    It’s too easy to beat yourself up if your child has been injured, but if a faulty or damaged swing has caused their injuries, you’re not to blame. The owner of the play park – it could be the local council, the pub or restaurant you’re dining at or even their school or nursery – is at fault and could be ordered to pay you personal injury compensation on behalf of your child.

    Provided it has been three years or less since your child’s accident, Accident Advice Helpline is here to offer confidential, no-obligation advice and help you get the compensation you deserve.

    What sort of injuries could swings cause?

    At first glance, swings are hardly the most dangerous looking piece of playground equipment. But when you consider how high off the ground your child can be, it’s easy to see how serious injuries on playground swings can occur within seconds.

    All it takes is a faulty seat or damaged chains and your child could be flung from the swing in mid-air, hitting the ground and sustaining serious injuries. There have even been cases where swings have flown over the top, flinging children out from a great height. Your child could suffer:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Broken bones
    • Spinal/back injuries
    • Head injuries including brain injury or concussion
    • Facial injuries
    • Loss of teeth
    • Cuts and bruises
    • Strains or sprains

    In the case of serious injury, they may need to spend time in hospital for surgery or other treatment, and it may be impossible for them to return to school for some time.

    In some cases, they could even be left permanently physically or mentally disabled.

    Get the compensation you deserve

    We believe that you and your child should be compensated for their pain and suffering – claiming personal injury compensation could also help your family to cope financially after their accident.

    Give Accident Advice Helpline a call now on 0800 689 0500 and speak with one of our friendly, experienced personal injury advisers for advice and answers to any questions you may have about the claims process – it’s free to call.

    Date Published: September 1, 2015

    Author: Paula Beaton

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.