How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for being injured by poor farm safety

    Compensation for being injured by poor farm safety

    Did you know that more accidents happen in the agricultural industry than in any other industry in the UK? This could be due to the heavy machinery that is used in farming, but being injured by poor farm safety is sadly not uncommon. You could be injured in a number of different ways whilst working on a farm, but how do you know if poor farm safety was to blame for your accident?

    Poor farm safety could include any of the following:

    • Tractors or other agricultural vehicles being operated by untrained, inexperienced staff;
    • Tractors not fitted with a rollover protective structure, so crush injuries could occur if they roll over;
    • Exposure to airborne dust causing respiratory illness;
    • Exposure to pesticides;
    • Lack of protection against loud noise, which could lead to noise-induced hearing loss;
    • Faulty equipment or machinery which could cause electrocution; or
    • Livestock running loose could cause injury to workers.

    If you’ve been injured by poor farm safety, our team of personal injury advisors can offer confidential, no-obligation advice to help you decide whether or not making a claim for compensation is the right next step to take.

    Should you claim?

    When working on a farm, your employer has a duty to keep you safe – it’s the same no matter which industry you work in. We believe that if your employer has been negligent, you should take steps to claim personal injury compensation. Whether you have sustained minor injuries or have been so severely injured that you are unable to return to work, you could be compensate for your pain, suffering and financial losses.

    Imagine you have been seriously injured and lost the use of your legs. You may need to pay for medical care, physiotherapy, modifications to your home and ongoing care and treatment in the future – all whilst having suffered loss of earnings. This will be taken into account when working out how much compensation you’ll receive. You could find out right now how much you could be entitled to by taking the 30-second test on our website.

    Open Claim Calculator

    What happens now?

    To find out if you have a viable claim, you’ll need to get in touch with us. Unlike some lawyers, we don’t charge expensive legal fees upfront. We offer a 100% no win no fee* service, so you don’t need to worry about whether or not you can afford to make a claim. Call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 to find out more about the claims process and receive expert advice today.

    Date Published: May 12, 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.