How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for injured employment office staff

    If you work in an employment office you will know you tend to meet lots of different people during the course of an average day. Your work will involve trying to match up people with jobs and help them find work in the right area for them.

    You may also have to do a variety of other tasks in your working day, involving working with computers and calling people on the phone. The exact nature of your work will depend on your specific job role.

    Very few injured employment office staff come to light because their workplaces are made as safe as possible. Every employer must ensure their workplace is perfectly fine and safe to use, and this applies to employment office as well. However if something is neglected there is a chance you might be hurt as a result.

    Slips, trips, and falls

    These are among the more common incidents that can be experienced when you work in any job. If the employment office you work in has uneven flooring, old flooring or is simply cluttered with debris and paperwork, there will be an increased chance that someone might be injured as a result.

    Some injured employment office staff will be hurt in circumstances like these that could easily have been avoided. Risk assessments should always be undertaken to highlight any potential problems that may occur. In these instances there could be prolonged problems from a simple fall or trip, if the injury sustained is of a particular nature.

    Open Claim Calculator

    What should you do in this situation?

    Regardless of how the accident happened you should always report it. In these circumstances you should make sure the accident is reported in the accident book so there is an official record of it. In addition, make sure you get any appropriate medical care you need. This will vary depending on how serious your injury actually is.

    The one thing that should never change is the need to get professional legal advice if you think someone else was negligent in some way. Make sure you get that advice as soon as possible by calling Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500.

    This is the best way to benefit from our no-obligation advice service. There’s no charge for the phone call either, so why not make that call now to learn more about how and why your accident happened? It might be a good move to make.

    Date Published: September 14, 2015

    Author: Allison Whitehead

    Category: Office accident claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.