Have you found yourself injured after working at a convention? Whether you’ve taken on a full-time job working at trade shows or have been working casually on a contract basis at sci-fi and video games conventions, you could be eligible to claim personal injury compensation. Provided it has been three years or less since your accident, injured convention staff could make a claim for compensation if their accident has been caused by somebody else.
Don’t feel guilty about claiming against your employer – it’s their job to keep you safe at work, and if they are at fault, their insurance company will pay you the compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering, as well as any loss of earnings from time off work. Accident Advice Helpline will support you throughout the claims process and you’ll benefit from confidential no-obligation advice from our team of advisors.
How did your accident happen?
Conventions usually take place at large venues and attract hundreds or thousands of visitors, which means there is the potential for accidents to happen if health and safety are not viewed as a priority. Injured convention staff may be involved in any of the following types of accident:
- Slip, trip or fall – the most common type of accident, which could be caused by damaged flooring, hazards such as boxes of stock left lying around, a wet floor (with no warning sign displayed) or food and drink spillage which could lead to a slip
- Struck by objects falling from height, such as a poorly secured light above a stage, a sign or banner or tools used by workmen assembling structures for the convention
- Fall from height, for example when putting up lighting or signs
- Crush injuries from being trampled by crowds, for example if a fire breaks out or there is another kind of emergency
- Food poisoning from eating contaminated food on-site
- Injured during demonstrations or shows – for example injured by props or falling off stage
Why should you claim personal injury compensation?
Your employer is responsible for your safety and the safety of all their other employees whilst at work. If they haven’t taken steps to ensure you are safe or have ignored safety concerns, they should be held liable if you are injured whilst working at a convention.
Why should you be the one to suffer physically, emotionally and financially? Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 with your questions or to get the ball rolling on your claim – it’s free to call and our lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee basis.
Date Published: September 1, 2015
Author: Paula Beaton