How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Compensation for hospitalised schoolchildren

    Sometimes it seems like school kids are always on the go – if they’re not running around at school, they’re on their bikes, running across roads, running at the park or letting off steam on school trips.

    Kids are often more accident prone than adults, but sometimes accidents occur that are somebody else’s fault. Has our child ended up in hospital after an accident at school, or after school?

    Children could be struck by a car whilst crossing the road to or from school, injured in a bus crash or whilst on a coach trip or suffer injuries in the playground. Hospitalised schoolchildren will need weeks and maybe even months off school to recover from their injuries, which could set them back with their studies and affect their confidence – they may even need to drop back a year, leaving them feeling isolated from their friends.

    If your child has been injured in an accident at school, you could make a claim for personal injury compensation on their behalf. Accident Advice Helpline’s team of professional personal injury lawyers has been helping people claim compensation since 2000 and we could help you too – just take the 30-second test on our website to find out how much you could claim.

    Severe injuries

    Hospitalised schoolchildren may be admitted to hospital with serious injuries such as:

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Head injuries or brain injuries
    • Spinal injuries
    • Broken bones
    • Crush injuries

    If somebody else has caused your child’s accident, for example if they weren’t being supervised at play time and they fell from the climbing frame, fracturing their arm, or if they were struck by a car whilst crossing the road outside their school, you might want to consider making a personal injury claim.

    Don’t worry about affording lawyer’s fees – our lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee* basis, so you won’t have any fees to pay unless your claim is successful.

    The right thing

    Whether or not claiming compensation is the right thing for you to do is a personal decision, but if you feel strongly that somebody else is to blame for your child’s pain and suffering, you can always call Accident Advice Helpline for confidential, no-obligation advice.

    We’re happy to answer any questions you have about the personal injury claims process, and if you decide to proceed with a claim, great -we’ll work hard to get you the compensation you deserve. Just call 0800 689 0500 to find out more.

    Date Published: June 27, 2015

    Author: Rob Steen

    Category: Accident at school

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.